As you may remember, SWERY returned to games development at the beginning of this year with a fresh Osaka-based studio dubbed White Owls, after retiring back at the end of 2015 due to health difficulties. Then in April he teased that one of his newest games would interestingly be about cats, prior to revealing it in August. Titled, The Good Life, in the right time of the show SWERY announced the game would be heading into crowdfunding platform Fig in September. And now here we are.
According to the game’s Fig page, The Good Life is a debt repayment life simulation RPG. Inside you play as Naomi, who sees herself stuck within Rainy Woods, a town located in rural England, a far off place in the New York life that is ordinary. Is she in Rainy Woods? Well apparently it is the only way she can pay off the debt she discovers herself drowning in following a scandal. Rainy Woods has no world wide web, no mobile service, no Starbucks, no New York style pizza, and most importantly no clubbing. But it will have sheep grazing and an impressive five pubs.
Rainy Woods’ individuals watch out for each other, revel in a good night at the pub, work hard, and love their families, in addition to insist that Rainy Woods is the happiest city and they are the most happy people on the planet. As it really holds a secret that is weird however, while Rainy Woods looks like a country city on the surface, it isn ’ t. Photographing proof of town’s tips and sending them back to Naomi’s customer is said to make “benefits.
So what’s the key Rainy Woods is currently hiding? Well, through the night of the villagers turn into cats. Like real kitty cats. Do they become cats? For when dawn arrives that they lose all memories of the adventures, nobody knows. However, what is causing this, and so is this as it is, Rainy Woods is happy? Well, youll need to learn.
They got their lives to live if the villagers aren ’ t active being cats at night. All townspeople work on a 24 hour schedule, and all of them have different lives. Each stress, and includes a personality as well, endure, enjoy fun, romance, and hate as far as any actual individual. You will report on these villagers to your boss.
Since Naomi, you develop into a cat at night as well. If you do, you ll be in a position to continue search for fish and mice to operate the town around openly, and find things connected to narrative events. Further, youll be able to get rooftops, paths, and attics.
This’s not exactly the sole thing in Rainy Woods, the day she arrives Naomi discovers the dead body of a woman named Elizabeth, who has been murdered in a mysterious and particular fashion. And while paying off Naomi’s debt, so you will also have to find out the truth behind Elizabeth’s passing.
A description of the game proceeds:
Use the money that you make to customize Naomi, and find the look that fits you the best. Some clothing may even enhance Naomi!
Player Growth Elements
- Stamina amount
- Occupational resistance (which makes it harder to get ill)
- Alcohol dependency (Negative growth) … etc
Temporary promotes from clothing, etc..
- Hats (Slows down hunger)
- Hair Mode (Appearance)
- Sunglasses (Slows down appetite)
- Pants (Boosts walking speed)
- Shoes (Boosts walking speed) … etc
The player’s daily array of action will expand based on their endurance and motion speed. With points, they’ll be able to take photographs and do more things.
Life at City:
Naomi is a professional photographer. While in Rainy Woods, the player will focus on investigating and paying off their debt. Take chronicle people’s comments on your notebook and photos of things!
When the player sends their daily report back their day will be completed and they’re able to look forward to receiving payment for their job.
The player’s earnings will be contingent on rarity and the quality of photos they take–be careful not to take photos of exactly the same thing!
Grab your camera and then document the town that is most happy on earth!
- Camera Stance : When the position button (L Trigger) is held, the player goes into the camera position. In this period, they couldt move. The camera’s viewfinder range will look in front of the player in a cone form. Topics within range will be highlighted. We’ll add a support role in the beginning of the game. After the position button is pushed, the player will automatically alter stance and look towards subjects.
- Aim to get a topic : The player can alter their fashionable angle (upwards/downwards) using the left pole. The player can mildly adjust the camera angle to the left/right (that the viewfinder stove) using the ideal stick. In these cases, the player’s hands will shake. The sort of lens that’s outfitted will change the viewfinder’s stove and where it seems.
- Bring the field into focus : Lightly press on the camera (R Trigger or something) to automatically adjust the focus. After the subject is in focus, there’ll be a sound impact. There’ll be camera equipment that boosts the focal speed. It can be personalized with extras like AF.
- Operate the camera : Press down on the camera (R Trigger or something) until it snaps the picture.
Results : You won’t know the results before you create the photographs at your home. Photos are separated into successes and failures, and simply successes are shipped out for rewards.
There will be places and timings or so the player won’t be in a position to do everything. Players might need to make choices and choose one subject over another one which looks at the identical moment.
Camera Ability (Photo Precision) – This may improve the accuracy of the camera and cut back on failures.
- Blur reducer (Makes it harder for pictures to blur and shake)
- Supersensitive lens (Can take good pictures even if it’s dim)
- Rapid-fire camera (Enables good images to be taken of transferring things, automatically takes them)
- High-speed camera (Screen slows down to allow images to be obtained of quickly things)
- Flash (Lets good photos to be taken even if it’so dark)
- AF Speed (Cuts down on time needed for focus)
- Follow-up AF (A matter who you centered on once Won’t Ever get out of focus)
- Normal Lens
- Telescope Lens Lv1-3 (When the player wants to shoot pictures of faraway things or creatures that run when people get shut)
- Wide-Angle Lens (When the player wants to Have a picture of multiple things at once)
Particular Camera – We want to enhance picture efficiency and automation in the latter half of this game.
- Stationary motion shutter cameras (May buy multiple kinds and place them wherever)
Part Time Jobs:
Do jobs and pay off your debt faster!
Naomi can do part-time jobs for example bartending in a bar, bringing milk, shearing sheep, and marvelously tasks in order to pay off her debt. Locate the occupation you like best and work your butt off!
Some jobs will offer chances to you However they may also be dangerous and exhausting. Theres no purpose when you are killed by it in the end, in creating a killing! Take care of yourself and enjoy your everyday life!
You can use the money you earn to pay your debt off, or you may use it upon your own! ♪ Attempt different part-time jobs, and buy yourself some nice clothes!
Special events can allow you to earn special rewards!
Rainy Woods has four seasons, each with their own special events. In autumn, you can harvest nuts and grab river fish.
You can discover minerals in the local mine and maybe earn a gift from an old man riding a sled pulled by reindeer?!
Take care to not work too hard! Naomi loses endurance each time she’s doing something. So as to refill her endurance, she needs to eat. She awaken in the hospital and ‘ll eventually collapse when she keeps working in an empty stomach. Naomi does not have health insurance, so that shell be made to pay money everytime that shes advised. Be cautious!
Naomi may be young, but she needs sleep. Her movements will get slower, totes will form underneath her eyes, when she keeps working with no sleeping, and she will suffer from chronic sleep deprivation.
You overlook’t make money, you invest it, too! Focus on balancing your income and pay off your debt economically!
- Taking photographs in city
- Looking for secrets in town
#2. Consumption :
- Player’s stamina
- Player becoming hungry/thirsty
- Camera film/battery
- Camera becoming damaged or dirty
#3. Benefits :
- Payment (cash) to get pictures shot
#4. Settlement of expenses :
- Picture growth fees
- Report mailing fees
#5. Maintenance :
#6. Specific expenses :
- Sanitary merchandise (necessary once a month)
- Infection (If the player dismisses endurance and keeps working)
- Camera damage (If it’s left uncleaned for too long)
- Alcohol (Quenches hunger and alleviates hunger at Exactly the Same point, but drinking too much may cause the player to develop a dependency)
The Good Life is currently in development for PC and PS4, also has a release date tentatively set for Q3 2019. The game could also come to Nintendo Switch within a stretch target being attained.
Here you can have a look at a fresh batch of concept art and official screenshots, as well as a brand new trailer which accompanied the launch on Fig.