Since its launch back in August 2016, No Man’s Sky has substantially improved through committed post-launch support, with the latest quality-of-life change tweaking its save system.
Titled Atlas Rises Patch 1.38, the upgrade is said to make managing conserves between games modes much easier. How it does that is by providing you five save-game slots (each which can be used for almost any game mode). Your existing saves will be mapped in these slots.
Selecting an empty slot will start a new game, enabling you to then pick which game mode to perform from the mode menu. Beginning a new game with no present saves takes you select now.
Further, there are now two sub-slots for every save-game — one four automatic saves and one for manual saves. The former occur when exiting your ship, dying, buying a Freighter or claiming the foundation. The latter occurs whenever you locate a beacon in a planet surface, or when interacting with a rescue point.
The patch is available on both of the game’s platforms: PC and PS4.
New rescue system
- You are now presented together with 5 save-game slots (all which can be utilized for almost any game mode). Your present saves will be merged into these slots
- Selecting a vacant slot will begin a fresh game, allowing you to then pick which game mode to perform from the mode select menu
- There are now two sub-slots for each save-game — just one for automatic saves and one for guide saves.
- Automatic saves occur when departing your ship, dying, buying a Freighter or asserting a base
- Manual saves occur when interacting with a save point (these could be built from the build menu), or a beacon found on planet surfaces
- Beginning a new game without the existing saves will take you directly to style select
Should you experience any problems with the new save system, make certain to let us understand!
Improvements & changes
- Made the temperature assortment of dead planets more varied
- In-flight weather effects now vary in power based on elevation
- The Analysis Visor is now able to be employed to scan farm plants and see that the remaining growth time
- Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their course, type and value in a distance
- The Evaluation Visor may be used to observe the approximate distance of resources found using the Scanner
- Added error message if no outpost is located by the economy scanner
- Added the capability to skip black bars when discovering that a planet or solar system
- Prevented that the cursor being flashed to the center of the webpage as you switch between pause menus
- Trade outposts today offer hazard protection
- Added a chance for pirates to press sooner than normal when a player warps to a particular systems, to add greater variety to mining and trading
- Galactic map today respects user mouse sensitivity settings
- Galactic map today respects user command inversion settings
- Prevented commerce terminals having a negative amount of inventory
- Made trading terminal stock values replenish over the years
- Separated stock levels for trading articles and space stations in precisely the same platform
- Lush biomes in survival mode now sometimes exist with no aggressive sentinel presence
- Reduced cursor UI downturn when using a pad
- Improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them responding to accidental player flame
- Added exotic boat sound for AI and NPC boats
- Additional ability to transport items to and out of containers at your base or freighter
- Additional tooltip text to spell out the entire world icons on the detection page
- Additional ability to sell things from ship cargo slots in terminals
- Storms onto humid/lush planets are no longer poisonous; humid/lush planets finally have a possibility of the rain being very hot. Notice: also the frequency of storms has not been adjusted, and no storms have been added. Humid planets that previously had freezing rain storms in 1.3 have had that storm kind varies to heated rain.
- Added ability to transfer things from cargo slots throughout upkeep connections
- Improved trading by providing NPCs independent stock levels
- Produced NPCs who provide instructions refer to a wider spread of places
- Additional ability to rebind the drop key
- Fixed an issue where some delivery assignments would continuously tell players to see other programs
- Fixed an issue where the demands to finish some assignments could change as you talked to NPCs
- Fixed climbing problems with creature feeding icons
- Fixed a problem where mining units would occasionally erroneously create Heridium
- Prevented mining components being put inside each other
- Fixed a problem where base parts, such as storage containers, built beyond the base construction radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player transferred into a new base
- Fixed a problem where storm-prone planets could be tagged as ‘Mild’. Storm frequency hasn’t yet been adjusted — that the text should describe weather conditions.
- Fixed an issue in which the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
- Fixed a problem in which the terrain manipulator hologram would stay in one place after subtracting in the terrain
- Fixed an issue in which the terrain manipulator would sometimes create longer lines than intended
- Fixed an issue where the boat crosshair would look at wrong instances
- Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being properly used
- Corrected button inspires in the boat combat wiki
- Restored Spectral Class into the galaxy map text
- Prevented users sometimes falling beyond the trading post platform when exiting their ship
- Prevented traders out of attacking pirates which are far out of the scope
- Fixed an issue where NPC ships will stop away from the entry of freighters and space stations in systems with no trade routes
- Fixed an issue where smaller freighters and containers weren’t able to be destroyed
Corrected Roamer along with Rover inventories emerging incorrectly in the transfer window
- Additional protection to permit the Mind Arc step of the Artemis narrative to be completed even when a player deletes their foundation
- Fixed problem in which a blue eye icon would occasionally appear across the crosshair
- Fixed a problem in which the Space Anomaly would stay in the player’s house system forever
- Fixed an problem with dismantling technician on ship compare displays not properly destroying the technician
- Fixed a problem where unbinding a secret would exit the controller menu
- Fixed a problem where choosing a brand new key binding may accidentally lead to it being put into a mouse button
- Fixed a problem where the Space Anomaly assignment had no objective text from the log.
- Fixed a problem where some players who should have managed to restart distant missions were unable to do this
- Fixed a problem which could cause surplus piled inventory items to be dropped