Today Ubisoft released its financial results for its third quarter of fiscal year 2017-18, that ended on December 31st, 2017.
Here you can have a look at a breakdown of revenue by platform and by area.
Chief Executive Officer Yves Guillemot also accompanied the press release with a statement, providing more info on the subject of Ubisoft’s company between October and December 2017.
“Our very strong third-quarter performance highlights just two places in which we’ve made significant strides. First our games’ live operations are making steady progress. It has fueled momentum for electronic and back catalog, which both hit record highs this year. Secondly, the increasingly recurring profile of our business has experienced a very positive effect on our new releases. By taking extra time to develop our games, we have been in a position to provide three top notch titles since August, including the grand return of Assassin’s Creed. ”
“These successes show our identifying strategy of blending long-term investment in our talented teams and also our multi-studios collaboration version is paying off. This technique enables us to provide high-quality blockbusters while keeping our communities participated through regular major updates. Because of this, Ubisoft is perfectly set to reach its targets for fiscal 2017-18 and 2018-19. ”
In addition, we get a series of bullet points featuring the writer’s relevant achievements during the past quarter.
$725.0 million at third-quarter earnings, up 36.8% year on year, outstripping Ubisoft’s revised target of about $700.0 million along with its initial target of $630.0 million.
Great execution across the board
– Assassin’s Creed® Origins:
o Business’s third best-seller at EMEA at 2017
o Average playtime per player expected to almost double2
– Tom Clancy communities: nearly 60 million exceptional players
– Ghost Recon® Wildlands: Business’s seventh best-seller in EMEA and tenth in NCSA
– Rainbow Six® Siege esports: World-famous teams — Evil Geniuses, Team Liquid,
FaZe Clan and Counter Logic Gaming — joined the Pro League
– The Section®: Player participation more than supplementing with the 1.8 update
– SwitchTM: Ubisoft is your console’s leading third-party publisher, using Mario +
Rabbids® Kingdom Battle ranking top-seller for Switch’s third party games
– For Honor®: Fifth most viewed brand new game on Twitch at 2017
– Mobile: 75.6% Rise and partnership signed between Ketchapp and Tencent at
Very significant progress for digital transformation (nine-month interval)
– Sharp 75.0% rise in Digital earnings to $670.3 million (representing 56.3% of Overall
sales compared with 47.2 percent one year previously)
– PRI3 increased 87.4 percent to $318.5 million (representing 26.7% of total earnings compared
with 20.9% one year before)
Confirmation of the strongly recurring profile of the Group’s company (nine-month interval)
– Back-catalogue sales up 31.5 percent to $608.8 million
Last, but not least, the media release showcased a listing of Ubisoft’s releases during the current quarter (until March 31st, 2018).
If you would like to compare, it is also possible to take a look at the prior quarter’s outcomes in our committed post.