Now, Take-Two Interactive Software announced its financial results for its fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018, that ended March 31st, 2018.
Below you can find all the relevant income figures for the quarter and the full fiscal year. The results were defined from the press launch.
Chief Executive Officer Strauss Zelnick accompanied the press release . Zelnick boasts growth in sales driven by continuing consumer spending (IE: microtransactions), and anticipates documents for the current fiscal year due to Redemption two, fresh NBA 2K and WWE 2K games.
Interestingly, we heard that a “highly-anticipated title from among 2K’s most important franchises” which was intended for the current fiscal year will now start in the next, meaning between April 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2020. This game was teased from the past few financial reports, and several believe it to be Borderlands 3. The main reason for the delay is described as providing the title development period.
While we overlook’have no official confirmation about the identification of this postponed game since Borderlands 3, it’s’s quite likely to be authentic.
“Throughout the quarter, Take-Two delivered Internet Bookings expansion driven by increased continuing consumer spending — including better-than-expected results from Grand Theft Auto Online. Our solid performance marked the completion of another outstanding year for our Company, emphasized by growth in Internet Bookings, earnings and net cash provided by operating activities, along with margin expansion. Grand Theft Auto Online and NBA 2K produced record results, surpassing our initial expectations, and we profited from strong ongoing sales of Grand Theft Auto V and other catalogue names.
We expect financial 2019 to be another year of profitable growth for Take-Two, such as both record Net Bookings and record net cash provided by operating activities, led by the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 together with new annual releases from NBA 2K and WWE 2K. We’ll also continue to support our names with offerings developed to induce engagement and recurrent consumer spending. The highly-anticipated title from among 2K’s most important franchises, which had been planned for launch during the current fiscal year, is currently planned for launch through fiscal 2020 to allow for additional development time. We remain as eager as ever about this name, and expect it to enhance our results following year.
This past year is the 25th anniversary of Take-Two as well as over that time, we’ve assembled our Company into a diversified and profitable venture. Take-Two is extremely well-positioned — financially and strategically — for continued development and returns for our shareholders over the long-term.”
We also get an explanation of the quarterly benefits in the corresponding press release.
“Web sales was $450.3 million, as compared to $571.6 million in a year’s fiscal fourth quarter. Recurrent customer spending (digital money, add-on content and in-game purchases) climbed 42% and accounted for 44 percent of total earnings.
Digitally-delivered net revenue grew 8% to $301.4 million, compared to $278.7 million in a year’s fiscal fourth quarter.
The statement also contained a list of this writer’s accomplishments from the past quarter, including both of its subsidiaries Rockstar and 2K games.
- During financial year 2018, the Company repurchased 1.51 million shares of its common stock for about $154.8 million.
- Powerful March 19, 2018, Take-Two has been added to the S&P 500 index.
- Released Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Online Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The Premium Online Edition includes the comprehensive Grand Theft Auto V story adventure, the ever-evolving universe of Grand Theft Auto Online, also most of current gameplay upgrades and articles. Purchasers also receive the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack that gives players access to a huge array of content including properties, vehicles, weapons and more valued at over GTA$10,000,000 plus GTA$1,000,000 Bonus Cash.
- Published LA Noire: The VR Case Documents, including seven pick cases from the original game handled especially for a virtual reality experience, for Oculus Rift. LA Noire: The VR Case Documents is also readily available for the HTC VIVE program.
- Released new free content upgrades for Grand Theft Auto Online, including:
- The Southern San Andreas Super Sport Series, that introduced two new racing styles — Hot Ring Circuit and Target Assault, added Transform races and Particular Vehicle races, just two brand new Adversary manners: The Vespucci Job along with Trap Door, 13 new vehicles, along with new tools for your Race Creator.
- Numerous all-new aircraft and vehicles.
- Stated that Red Dead Redemption Two will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26, 2018.
- NBA 2K18 became our highest-selling sports name ever, using sell-in to date of over 9 million units. This expansion builds up on the critically acclaimed gameplay experience of Civilization VI providing players new choices, approaches, and challenges as they direct a civilization through the ages. The growth introduces new Golden Ages and Dark Ages, a brand new city Loyalty system, also Governors who could be stationed in players’ cities. Civilization VI: Fall and Development also adds nine leaders and eight new civilizations from across the planet, giving players even more diversity and variety in how they play with Civilization VI.
- Announced it is working in partnership with Tencent to co-develop NBA 2K Online 2 in China. The title now is currently in closed Beta testing and planned for commercial launch this autumn. NBA 2K Online 2 relies upon the console edition of NBA 2K and includes 2K’s epic gameplay, 27 customizable position kinds, brand new player trading platforms, eSports-optimized attributes, localized opinion and more.
- Announced that Hangar 13 — the most critically acclaimed storytellers and developer of Mafia III — has expanded with the introduction of a new place in Brighton, United Kingdom, bettering the studio’s efforts to tap in the planet’s most talented development pools and also construct a globally diverse team. Hangar 13 is presently working on an unannounced AAA job for 2K and will continue to scale in either U.S. and Europe at a speed consistent with the maturation of the game.
- Launched Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, the console version of the beloved space simulation game, for digital download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Kerbal Space Program Improved Edition is built from the ground up to add re-worked along with console-optimized UI, a new control strategy solely for consoles, and also more ways to savor starting spaceships in orbit.
- Published Kerbal Space Program: Creating History Expansion for PC. This initial expansion for the critically acclaimed space simulation provides a wealth of fresh and exciting content into the game, such as a strong Mission Builder which lets players create and share their own situations, and a Background Pack containing missions inspired by historical moments in space exploration.
- Stated that Kerbal Space Program is going to be released on Tencent’s WeGame distribution platform as a top PC game at a date to be determined.
If you want to compare these results with those of the prior quarter, you can check out our dedicated article from February.